5 Adventures Ways to Become Active Without Working Out
- Caving or spelunking. Exploring cave systems as a recreational sport.
- Cyclocross. Racing bikes on an obstacle-filled course, where the rider must dismount, carry the bike around the obstacle, and remount. Usually takes place in fall and winter.
- Dogsled racing (or sled dog racing). Directing a team of sled dogs to pull a sled carrying the musher through the snow.
- Duathlon. A race consisting of a run, bike, and run.
- Half marathon. A 13.1-mile (half the distance of a marathon) foot race, usually run on a road.